- The nose consists of: an upper bony part, a lower cartilaginous part, and the nasal septum.
- Rhinoplasty is a surgery that must be performed by expert hands, and Turkey is considered one of the leading countries in the field of medicine, especially operations related to rhinoplasty.
When is rhinoplasty performed?
- The most important reason is the patient’s desire for the procedure (aesthetic reason).
- Rhinoplasty is also performed to correct the deviation of the tendon.
- The surgical work is based on the basics that are being worked on: the height of the nose – the width of the nose – the dash of the nose as a whole.
Rhinoplasty is performed in two ways:
- Open method: an external incision, in which the vision is clearer, but the surgical scar is clearer.
- Closed method: It does not contain an external incision, the operation takes less time, and there is less edema, pain and cyanosis.
- The examining doctor determines the most appropriate method for each patient.
- The surgery can be performed under local or general anesthesia, according to each case.
The stages of the surgery
- Surgical incision (closed or open).
- Restructuring the nose.
- Correction of deviation of the tendon.
- Close the incision.
The duration of the surgery
- The operation lasts from one to three hours, and the patient stays in the hospital for 24 hours.
- Care for bandages by following up with the doctor.
- Avoid exposure to any trauma after surgery.
- The result of the surgery appears after about a month to 6 months, and it may take 12 months for the nose to take its new shape.