- It is a cosmetic operation aimed at improving the appearance of the abdomen.
- It is done by shortening and rounding the flabby and spaced abdominal muscles due to excess fat, weak abdominal skin elasticity, and weak connective tissue in it.
- Abdominoplasty is a surgery that must be performed by expert hands, and Turkey is considered one of the leading countries in the field of aesthetic medicine, especially operations related to abdominoplasty.
When is a abdominoplasty procedure performed?
- It is performed to correct the appearance of a flabby abdomen due to excess fat or poor skin elasticity, which occurs for several reasons, the most important of which are:
- Changes in abdominal weight.
- Surgeries performed on the abdomen, such as caesarean section.
- advancing age
Anesthesia and duration of surgery
- The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia, the operation usually takes about 2 to 3 hours.
Types of abdominoplasty operations
1: full abdominoplasty:
- The process begins with liposuction of the accumulated abdominal fat above and below the navel with Vaser, and then a surgical incision is made between the two hip bones to tighten the full abdominal sagging, and to strengthen the weak and separated muscles.
- It is performed on patients who have a large amount of excess and flabby skin, and who have sagging of the rectus muscle above and below the navel (where the rectus muscle can be folded and bent anywhere along its length).
2: mini abdominoplasty (partial abdominoplasty):
- In which vaser liposuction is performed on the abdomen below the navel, after which a small surgical incision is made above the pubis, then the weak and distant muscles are strengthened, then the excess skin below the navel is cut (to get rid of the sagging of the lower abdomen), while not moving the place of the navel,
- The most popular operation to tighten the abdomen after a caesarean section.
- It can be associated with liposuction if required.
- The scars are small, not exceeding 15 cm, and the work is done below the navel without moving it.
3: Operation 360:
- The belt process is called body tightening, because it removes the sagging 360 round around the abdomen and back.
- In which the sagging of the abdomen and the back are tightened together, which leads to a partial lift of the butt, and re-sculpting the waist and sides.
- A tight abdomen and a harmonious body are then obtained.
- It is possible to perform a abdominoplasty and liposuction of the accumulated fat in the same area at the same time.
- Some numbness and tingling may occur in the area below the navel.
- It is recommended to walk early from the first day after the procedure, to help prevent blood clots from forming.
- If you feel some pain, you can take simple painkillers prescribed by the doctor.
- The drainage and drainage tubes may be left in place for several days, and the doctor explains to the patient how to empty the tubes and take care of them, and he can prescribe some antibiotics that are continued for the duration of the tubes.
- The doctor may prescribe an anticoagulant drug for a period to be determined.
- Commit to wearing a supportive corset for about six weeks after the abdominoplasty operation.
- Avoid stress or situations that affect the incision.
- The result of the abdominoplasty procedure appears within 6 to 8 weeks after the surgery.